Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Map plotting in Crystal 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreadd

MIS
Jan 15, 2008
Hello

I have crystal 2008 visual advantage and I am currently writing a report for a group that they want to see how many phones their telemarketer is making per territory per week. I have that in a cross tab - works great. I need to now get this onto a map to show where these calls are happening. If someone makes 500 calls thats great but only if it is 500 places instead of same 100 over and over again.

so I am looking at maps. I tried to map off of the cross tab and it isnt going well. I am hoping to do a dot density per call based on zipcode or city. so if 2 calls were made to atlanta, 2 dots show up. the cross tab is based on non geographic field so I then looked at sub report. I tried to use city and zip and it didnt run but state did but the map was a pie chart and wont change from that. I have been poking around here and I looked in my mapinfo folder and I see something called zipcodes.tab and I think I need this but when I go to add it to my layers I get the following msg:
unrecognized command: compressedpoints. unable to open table zipcodes

what does that mean and how do I fix it and am I even barking up the right tree?

TIA for any help you can give!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back