Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Many SMTP servers will time out waiting for \r\n.\r\n. 554

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclubb2000

Technical User
Feb 8, 2002
US
This is what happends when I try to use outlook on a win box. my current configurtion is OpenBSD 2.8 running sendmail. I can recieve emails but I get this when tring to send. I also tried putting the E=\r\n at the end of the line but that still didnt work. I dont know what to do. If anyone knows either answer back in form or email me at mclubb2000@yahoo.com. Thanks. Here is the email that I get back.
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <mclubb2000@yahoo.com>
(reason: 552 Put ,E=\r\n at the end of Mether, Mtcp, or Msmtp in sendmail.cf if you are using Solaris 2.5 (fi... cannot accept messages with stray newlines. Many SMTP servers will time out waiting for \r\n.\r\n.)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mx2.mail.yahoo.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 552 Put ,E=\r\n at the end of Mether, Mtcp, or Msmtp in sendmail.cf if you are using Solaris 2.5 (fixed in 2.5.1). I cannot accept messages with stray newlines. Many SMTP servers will time out waiting for \r\n.\r\n. 554 5.0.0 <mclubb2000@yahoo.com>... Service unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back