Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

contl

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a good source on the web for manuals on the Meridian1 add in cards?

Also possibly a good book on programming? (A Meridian 1 Programming for Dummies)

Thanks

A Meridian 1 Programming for Dummies

best bet is to read as many post here as you can.. there is not a simple easy to read howto book on merridian.. the manuals are great if you don;t mind 33.000 pages of dry text.. you need software input/output book 1 of 2... and there are zero real shortcuts

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

funny story..,. i learned from the manuals.. on the original nt's.. sitting in a basement, 1st command load 10 return... gave me a sch.. took 30 minutes to find that code.. and all it said way illegal input.. i tried a few more lines and got the same thing.. someone knocks on the door.. and it was two cops... i was thinking this was a pretty sharp box if it had called the cops... but they wanted some free tywraps.. wasn't there to arrest me... it took two of us a month or more to get dial tone out of that box (it's default on now) but we got it working... that was 12, 15 years prior to common web access... at least you can ask questions now... it's do-able... and no i don't miss the 70's.. i was a senior tech then... now i'm just old

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I miss the 70's, I was young then.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

best that i can recall i was old in the 60's and 70's.. but seems i lost a decade there somewhere... i installed my 1st telephone in 59 (my grandfathers truck and tools, i was 11)and it had a crank on the side

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Have always wondered why none of you guys with
all the know-how you got, has'nt got together and
written a "Meridian for dummies", or "Teach yourself
Meridian in xx days" or something...???

Because there are 40 ways to do things and one is not always better than another.

Another reason is that a little knowledge can be VERRRRY dangerous in these switches.

My CAD$.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back