Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manually send an IP Phone to the S2 Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenRecord2

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2007
US
Does anyone know if there is a command to send an IP phone to the S2 address manually?

For testing purposes just define your S2 address on your S1 setting. This will let you know if the S2 is accepting TPS registrations.

if S2 is a different Node than S1 it is pretty easy.

Mato' Was'aka

I know that it works with S2. I just want to be able to send it to S2 without having to change any of the settings on the phones or down the SS/MC to force it over.

Yes its a diffrent node.

The reason why I want to do this is for DR testing. In the case of a PBX failure we have are contact center phones register to another location and switch our inbound 800 numbers over to the other location.

oh, well, when you said manually - that is how I do it. re-boot the phone and select node 2, with the local branch office tnb instead of node 1 S1.

Mato' Was'aka

As you know the phone goes to the S2 automatically when it can't reach the S1 address after the retry limit has been reached. By manual I ment not having to envoke a network failure of some sort.

I am hoping there's a what to envoke this through the pbx so I wouldn't have to touch each phone.

Also in the case where the node is still up but not healthy I would like to send the phones to S2.

I will keep searching the NTP's.

Thanks

Didn't think about that one. The testing would be after hours so I could do that.

It would also help during times were the pbx is up but not functioning properly.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back