Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manually Enabling Service Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

atdjr123

Technical User
Mar 12, 2012
US
Has anyone been able to configure the system so that calls can be manually placed into service. Example Calls ring into receptionist-receptionist leaves desk and wishes to place system into service enabling IVR Day Greeting to play and disable once she returns? I know that there is a Day/Night Mode but this only allows the toggling betweeen IVR modes.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

You can still use D/N control. For day mode choose a ring group or extension. For night mode choose your day IVR.

I've tried that and it activates the Day Reception, however it does not route the calls to the IVR. It just rings continuously at the extension. What am I missing here??? It would be nice to have CFNA or CFB after so many rings to IVR also but that is not an option. I'll keep plugging away. Thanks Tech:)

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Are you using time conditions? Could you provide some configuration info? inbound routes, d/n control, ivr, time conditions and time group

This configuration this works fine as fully automated AA with Inbound Trunk ringing to Time Conditions = IVR Day. If I configure the Day/Night Mode as follows

Day/Night Feature Code Index = (0)
Description = Service
Mode = Day
Recording for Day = Day
Recording for Night = Night
Day Mode = Default
Night Mode = Default
Day = Time Conditions (Regular Hours)
Night = Time Conditions (Night)
With this Day/Night configuration it at least allows me to Activate or Deactivate Day Reception (0)
Inbound route to ring Extension 205, However it does not place into service.

Time Group = Day
8:00 am -17:00 pm Monday thru Friday
Day 1 thru 31st
Months Jan thru Dec.

Time Group = Night
17:01 pm – 7:59 am Monday thru Thursday
Days 1 thru 31st
Months Jan thru Dec

Time Group = Weekend
17:01pm – 7:59 am Friday thru Monday
Day 1 thru 31st
Months Jan thru Dec.

Time Conditions = Day
Time Group= Day - Association with=No association - Destination if time matches = IVR Day - Destination if time does not match = IVR Night
Time Conditions = Night
Time Group= Night- Association with=No Association - Destination if time matches= IVR Night - Destination if time does not match = Day
Time Conditions = Weekend
Time Group= Weekend - Association with= No Association - Destination if time matches = IVR Weekend - Destination if time does not match = Weekend

I have also had configured Day/Night control. Association with to Force Day, Night or weekend. However it clearly states that the Time condition is overridden by the feature code if selected.

So what am I missing here?????

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

I setup the following in my lab.

Time Group - day 0800 to 1700 monday thru friday
TC day - match = d/n control service no match = ivr day
d/n service - match = ivr day no match = tc night

Inbound route goes to TC day, if TC matches it goes to d/n control service
if TC doesn't match it goes to TC night

If d/n control service matches day mode it goes to ivr day
if it matches night mode it goes to ivr night

The receptionist can dial *280 to toggle between day and night mode. (I programed a button on receptionist extension to indicate the current mode (triangle off=day triangle on=night)

I use very basic office hours. What is the purpose for the weekend time group

Purpose for the weekend time group is so that the night greeting plays during the day on weekends. If there is no time group for weekends the day greeting will play between 8am and 5pm. This is for fully automated with no manual control and incoming route rings to Time Conditions - IVR Day. That scenario works fine, but I also wanted to have the option of giving the receptionist the ability to place system into service during the day in a configuration where calls ring to her and or have the AA pickup after so many rings as it does with CP-NAM or STLK... The latter is not a possibility with this system though.

As for your configuration, I don't see where you have the calls ring into the receptionist and where she has the ability to place system into service. I get the triangle on/off but that just toggles between day or night mode...Unless of course I'm missing something here Tech.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

d/n is controlled by the operator dialing *280 when she wants to away from her desk.
I inserted the d/n control (service) at the spot where you would send the calls on a match for day hrs.
So a call comes in it hits your tc day - if it matches 8-5 m-f it is sent to d/n control. if in day mode the call will continue to your day ivr. if in night mode the will go to your night ivr. if the call hits the tc day when it is not 8-5 m-f it will go to your night ivr.

basic call flow with t/c and an operator controlled d/n

Time Group description open-hrs
time to start 08 00
time to finish 17 00
weekday to start monday
weekday to finish friday
leave every else default

Time Condition description day
time group open-hrs
destination if match = d/n control (service)
destination if no match = ivr night

Day/Night control index 0 (*280 is the feature code)
description = service
Day = IVR day
Night = IVR night

the above will work the way you are wanting
if 8-5 m-f the calls go to d/n control - if d/n is in day mode the calls will go to your IVR day if d/n is in night mode the calls will go to your IVR night
all other times or days the calls will go to your IVR night

Hey Tech, I get what you are saying however, I don't want the calls to ring to the IVR ( Day ). I want them to ring to the receptionist during the day and allow her the ability to enable service mode. Are you saying that this config will do that and I assume you have your inbound calls routed to the TC ( Day ).

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

no it won't as configured above but one of the 2 options below will. yes inbound calls are routed to the TC (Day)

in the above configuration just change the d/n day destination to 1 of the below options

1- in d/n control change the day destination to operators ext.
2- or to have IVR (Day) pick up on no answer
create a ring group with the operators ext - set destination if no answer to IVR (Day)
then in d/n control change the day destination to the ring group for the operator

I figured the extension would have to be in the T/C destination but did not think about a ring group config. I will give it a shot and see what happens. I like the ring group, that makes perfect sense man. Can have multiple extensions play operator. NICE If I can get the operators extension to ring that will be one more thing off the plate. Appreciate it Tech :)

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Hey Tech,everything works great except the operator can not forward her calls to the AA. I think that is where you and I get crossed up. Yes, she can place into service D/N mode but cannot forward her calls to AA when she is not at her desk. Do you actually have your calls forwarded using the above configuration?? The only other option that I see is follow me. Config the extension for follow me, then destination IVR (day)and program a button for *21 to toggle follow me on/off. I deleted the ring group because it conflicted with follow me settings. I now have the incoming route same as B4. T/C day. Day if match to D/N control- Night if match to IVR After Hours. Time Groups remain the same. Follow Me extension 205 ring once and destination to IVR Day. Toggle on/off for forward to IVR Day. It works bro. I have to say your ring group forward no answer gave me the idea. However follow me will not work with ring group FNA configed..... Now she has the ability to toggle D/N mode and Forward to AA...Thanks bro. We need to collaborate more often:)

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

NO, I'm just using time conditions and day/night control.
Please provide the following info - inbound route, all time groups, all time conditions, all day/night controls, and ring groups. Will try and figure out whats wrong.

Hey Tech, are you actually able to forward calls to the AA with your config??? I used the follow me feature and was able to accomplish my objective. Calls now come into recept. and she presses the follow me toggle button and calls are immediately routed to the AA. I just could not get that same application to work with that config. I'm g2g now :) thanks

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

routing to IVR Day (AA) via d/n control no forwarding needed
inbound route goes to tc if it is day hrs (8-5 m-f) call proceeds to d/n control
if in day mode call goes to ring group operator (operator extension if no answer it will follow the no answer destination of the ring group which can be anywhere you define)
if the operator leaves her desk she dials *280 to toggle to night mode (IVR Day (AA)) on her return she dials *280 to toggle back to day mode
if tc is any other time (not 8-5 m-f)calls proceed to IVR Night
would really like to see your configs to find out why it doesn't work for you

Hey Tech, I just changed my times to try that config one more time and you're not gonna believe this man, Now it does work. man I have had this same config for the last few days and nothing. Now I haven't changed anything except to add receptions extension to follow me. It appears that, follow me is not needed to enable night service. Man I'll tell ya, this just doesn't add up. Well at least if I have a problem on another switch, I do have a way around:) Thanks bro!!!

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back