Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manually Assigning Values to Items In A List/Combo Box???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezyflo

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
US
I have a table with fields that uses the lookup wizard and pulls information from another table where I have specified a "condition" and assigned a point value to the "condition". I will need to use the point value in a calculation in a report.

The problem I'm having is that I have different named conditions - but the conditions sometimes have the same point value. When I use the wizard and store the point value for later calculation - It pulls the right point value, but I need the certain "named" condition to show on my report. The point Values are not unique so it is only recognizing the first named condition with that point value.

Am I making any sense??? - Sorry.

Is there a way to "manually" assign values to items in a combo/list box?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi there,

and yes there is.
In the Row source of the combo box if you were to put
1;2;3;4;5;, your combo box now has these 5 numbers as it's items. Same for your list box. When you add them to your form, (depending on which version of access you are using) select "i want to type the values in myself"

If this option doesn't appear, don't worry and just put the values in your 'rowsource' (Right click in design view, properties -> Data

Transcend
[gorgeous]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back