Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

melocco

Technical User
Jan 19, 2001
US
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a manual for Premiere. I bought a copy from my school and it was just the CD and no Manual. I asked the school about the manual and they told me that the company they got them from just sent these. Like OEM's. I'm wanting to add text to a slide show and import a short video from a digital camera. I got the slide show going, but I can't figure out the import of video. It keeps telling me:

Unable to open that file.
File uses an unsupported compression format.

but Windows plays the video fine. If anyone can help, I would be greatfull. Thanks in advance.

You can buy premiere-books in bookshops and internet- bookshops.

The on-line help is very comprehensive. Books are great for tutorials, but so are the free videos at
Unsupported compression is probably just that. Windows can play more CODECs than Premiere. You need to get your footage into a format compatible with Premiere if you want to edit using that program. I would guess that you have MPEG footage in a non-standard frame size from your still camera which Premiere can't use for editing.

The MainConcept MPEG plug-in may help, as might Canopus ProCoder Express. Virtual Dub is also quoted in this context (free, but I haven't tried it). Google will help you track them down.

Thanks for the tips. Those videos are great. Kindof hard to veiw some times (glitchy) but works greats. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back