Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual Printer Tray Selection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

timb94

Programmer
Apr 20, 2004
US
A Love/Hate relationship with Crystal.

I'm converting a small application from Access to VB.Net/Crystal. This application has a pre-printed form where all I have to to is fill in a acct#/name/address information from a SQL database.

I wrote and tested the application. I created an install package with all the crystal msn's, license key, the whole bit. I installed it on the users machine, logged on and tested the application. When I clicked the print button, the printer (hp8000 pcl 5e) waited until I put a form in the sheet feeder (manual tray). Everything working OK.

Then the problem.
With the user logged on it seems to bypass the manual tray and prints from the bin. When I logged back on it works again.

I tried inserting the statement "rpt.printoptions.papersource.papersource.manual" but it had no effect. In the report it is specified "Manual Feed". I'm not using a report viewer but going directly to the printer.

Do I need to give the user admin rights to the printer? Do I need to create a second, dummy printer? Is there something I'm missing here?

Has anyone run into this problem and if so what is the solution. I can't believe something so simple can be so difficult.

If you need to see any of my code, please let me know.

Thanks for any help.

I have never used VB.net just VB6.....

I can give you this advise...

In a custum app that I made, I had to store some info b4 I set the printer. Then reset them after ????? gotta luv CR!

PaperOrient = crxReport.PaperOrientation
PaperSize = crxReport.PaperSize
PaperSource = crxReport.PaperSource

crxReport.SelectPrinter driver, Name, Port

crxReport.PaperOrientation = PaperOrient
crxReport.PaperSize = PaperSize
crxReport.PaperSource = PaperSource

I found this at the CR website, I sure this is your problem!!

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks addi2d.

I was not aware of the "SelectPrinter driver, name, port".

I'll try it out.

My network admin also suggested I test it with a local printer. Tied up with other junk today. Will try tomorrow.

Thanks again for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back