Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual Numbering in Corel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ivDesign

Technical User
Apr 15, 2001
CA
Hi,

I am laying out a ticket design in Corel - 5up on 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I want to number the tickets and I really don't want to create multiple pages and manually enter the number. I know Corel has a Print Merge, and I have that half figured out - BUT all five tickets on each page has the same number.....I want 001 - 005 on one page, 006-010 on the next and so on.......the thing I find about print merge is that it take a long time to rip/print to my machine.....Does Corel have another way opf doing this....even if I do have a 50 page document vs 1 page using Print Merge......Any help would be great...or if someone knows of a shortcut, or anything to get these numbered - (besides an automated numbering machine)

Any tips would be great and ASAP!!! Thanks in advance.

T.Thistle

I think there is a script or plugin of some discription on have a good look there, its not free but I don't think it is a fortune.
alan D

Specifically for the above "challenge"...

I've created an Excel file that, at the click-of-a-button, will print whatever number of pages you require, with 5 tickets per page, and of course with incremental numbers.

(The file could easily be modified for any number of tickets per page)

The file uses just the ONE page, so you would simply import your Corel file/image into Excel and set up the ONE page.

Before each page is printed (automatically), VBA is used to increment the ticket numbers - that are easily placed as "pictures" (using Excel's "camera" option).

These "picture numbers" can be moved to whatever location you want for each of the five tickets on the ONE page.

The file allows for specifying a start number, and also includes a "zero fill" option for the ticket number.

Regards, Dale Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back