Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual JOIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wchestnut

Programmer
Aug 9, 2010
US
Hello! I haven't been here in a while and I'm still relatively new to Clarion (5.0) so please bare with me (again).

Usually when I have to deal with JOINed files, I set them in the Files option of a Procedure for things like Browse. But now I have a Window Procedure with Embed code to manually export data to a text file, and I can only add files under Other Files and it doesn't allow me to Insert the JOINed tables off of it (I hope I'm explaining this correctly) to automatically set the JOIN so I need to add Embed code manually. This is part of what I have so far (the primary file is PROPOSEDHISTORY):

Code:
OPEN(REQUIREMENTHISTORY)
SET(REQUIREMENTHISTORY,REQH:IDKey)

OPEN(PROPOSEDHISTORY)
SET(PROPOSEDHISTORY)

LOOP UNTIL ERRORCODE() > 0

REQH:ID = PRH:ReqID

I thought by setting REQH:ID to the one stored in PRH:ID would set the record pointer. In dBase/FoxPro, I was used to a SEEK() command to do that, but this doesn't seem to be working. The value I'm trying to pull from REQH is blank so I must be doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back