Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual Group Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

cestonina

Programmer
May 25, 2003
SG
Hi,

I am using CR 9.0. I'm currently using bar charts to present my data. My data consist of dates vs sum of a particular field. They DB look similar like below:

Field1 Field2
10/01/04 102
10/02/04 346
10/03/04 223
11/01/04 987
11/02/04 214
11/03/04 567
...etc.

Everyday there will be data placed in the database and will go on each month.

Now my problem is, I would want to group the dates label (x-axis) to be in terms of months (jan, feb, etc). While the granularity of data (y-axis) is still in days (similar to stock exchange charts).

I tried to use the "manual grouping of label" in Grid properties but the problem is...the number of days in a month varies (some months only have 30 days, while others have 31 days) so I cannot put a constant value in the field.

Will it be possible to create a formula in the "manual grouping" in Grid properties to achieve my goal? Or are there other ways, other than this, to achieve what I want?

Hope I make sense, let me know if need to clarify something. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back