Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

manual drive cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

smwoodcrafts

Vendor
Sep 11, 2002
US
HELP! We just got cleaning tapes in and our drives haven't been cleaned in a long time. I put CLN barcodes on, created a barcode rule and inventoried the box. The cleaning tapes showed up and I right clicked one of the drive and chose to clean drive now. It picked one of the tapes I put in and then failed with a 98 error. I thought, ok don't do that, but now it keeps trying and failing. How do I stop it?

Thanks,

smwoodcrafts

simply insert the cleaning cartridge into the drive physically. it will automatically eject after cleaning

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

Bob,

I actually, out of frustration, did the manual cleaning of the drives today. I waited and the tapes didn't automatically eject. I think this could be causing the 98 error I'm getting when the next next drive cleaning needs to be performed. Can you shed some light on this?

If you manually pushed the tape into the drive and it did not eject, you have either a problem with the tape, or a hardware issue.

Perhaps time to call an engineer. First however, try a reset of the drive (hold the eject button for probably 10-15 seconds). Failing this, try powercycling the drive.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back