Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual backup no working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2004
US
All of a sudden I am getting an error when trying to do a manual backup after making several MACs. LD 43 gives me edd007 which means "storage device write error" action: attempt dump again. Still get same error. Has anyone seen this and would a reboot or ini help?

He means another diskette..... what system do you have?

What kind of system do you have? 11c,81c and if a large system what kind of processors?

Do you have an external tape drive that it is going to? Could be an issue there. Check/replace the tape if you do.

Ok, I've had this happen to me twice. Good news is it could be as easy as a flag that just needs to cleared. Bad new is it could be your software DB is bad. If the ladder then you will loose all of your changes since last successful backup.

Here is what I would do.

LD 43

DAT <-- will query the backup and give a date and record #

then I would do an

EDD CLR <-- this will clear any flags and hopefully let you complete a successful backup.

then do an

EDD

If the unit still fails it will most likely be your software daughter board.

trvlr, an Opt 11 would have an external tape drive for the system backups, the mail should....... I agree, try the edd clr, if that doesnt work, you may have to reinstall the system! There is a way in Debug to do that, but you'd need to be very careful. If you are asking "what is debug", then you shouldn't try that!

I don't have an external tape drive but have been backing up about every 3 months to a pcmcia card. Here's the info from the query:

logi
PASS?
TTY #01 LOGGED IN 08:58 15/12/2008

>ld 43
EDD000

.dat
DATABASE ISSUE DATE(d/m/y)/TIME SIZE(recs) SEQNO
Main database not accessible.
Secondary database not accessible.
IntBackup 2424 09/12/2008 at 12:40:36 49 386
PCMCIA database not accessible.
Current external backup is on PCMCIA drive B

I tried EDD CLR but that did not help. I'm thinking it is the daughter board what do ya'll think??

I mis-spoke, the Opt 11 WOULD NOT have an external tape drive for back ups, the Meridian mail in an 11 would though!

I am thinking the daughterboard also. Order a new one and follow the steps for replacing it that are in the Opt 11 NTP's

Yea phonz1 thanks for pointing out my error ..... TWICE!!
:-}

trvlr1... sorry man, I made a mistake, didn't mean to put you on the hook for that! it's all good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back