Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mandatory email signature - is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjquinn81

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
US
I need to add a mandatory signature to everyone's outbound email. This is of course for a legal disclaimer. I can't figure out any way to do this from within Exch2k3 or through my Symantec Mail Security/Filtering. I know that McAffee can do this, but I don't run that. Can someone give me any ideas?

Thanks

You can run the trial of mail Essentials, the disclaimer still works after expiration.

Or do it the 'hard' way:

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Quote from both of the above articles:
"NOTE: If you use a MAPI client such as Microsoft Outlook to send the e-mail, the recipient does not receive a modified message. This is because messages submitted using MAPI are not in SMTP format when the e-mail triggers the SMTP transport event. Therefore, changes that are made by the event's code are not persisted."

Presently I'm planning to use GFI mail essentials on my system. I am not opposed to taking the hard way to do this, I like the solution a little better personally but then I'm a coder.

Addressing the above quote, anyway around this? Will using GFI Mail Essentials to do this run into the same problem?

Advice/comments welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back