Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

managing query for long database

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlockley

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
US
I have a large flat database. If It weren't for the documents I had stored in blob fields, I could take it off Paradox. I have tried to break it up, but run into issues on input to more than one table in the model, which I need to do with the info I get. (That is a different topic).
My issue is querrying the tapeworm of fields, and I am looking for some way to tame it. I've got a few pieces on query by form, but that will take a good week to set up and may not do it for me. There doesn't seem to be a decent third party app out there for this, unfortunately. (Or if there is, it's past my budget.)
I am wondering if there is a way to search for the fields I want to define in the query interface. I need all fields returned, so I don't really want to script one. The fields I need to query vary from search to search.

Happy for any suggstions. It's really too bad that Paradox has not evolved.

By The way, the best thing I have found yet is opening the query created with the query inteface in notepad, using search to find and mark the fields there, then run it from the interface. I am wondering why a php html form wouldn't work to input the information using. Just musing, mind you It's still nearly 200 fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back