Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managing call flow to a external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

GScorchio

Technical User
Mar 2, 2008
SE
Hi

We've just installed Avaya at our centre and are nearly ready to go-live next month. However, we've hit a problem with being able to manage our call volume that gets sent to an external number off our VDNs.

We have a number of VDNs that send calls after an 18 second delay of checking for an available agent (in different profile groups) to an external number. On our old system we had a set number of telescripts that we could activate depending on the call volume status. If call volume was quiet (on the external number side), we could activate a telescript that used to divert calls after a 3 second delay. Or if the external company was busy, we used to activate a telescript that used to stop calls from diverting to the external company.

Now with the Avaya system, I've been told that this is not possible, and I'm left scratching my head of a way around this.

I'm not sure how a call diverts to an external company anyway on a VDN, as I've not seen any vecotrs with this shown ?

Is there any way of setting something up like our old system ? Please bear in mind when answering, as I'm a newbie to Avaya, I'm goling to need basic instructions on where/what and why/how... sorry guys

Thanks for your help....

How did you used to activate these "telescripts" that you used to change the time to flow calls out?

There could be several ways to accomplish something like this but if we had a better understanding what you did befroe to activate these changes might be helpful.

On our old system, we used to have a set of telescripts that could be activated whenever needed (would take 2 seconds to activate them live. This was based on a Rockwell system.
Based on call flows - on our main lines, we used to have 4/5 scripts ready to activate.
1 - when external co quiet used to direct calls afetr 5 seconds to their no.
2 - after 18 seconds would divert to the external co. no after having checked and queued for available agents at different UK locations (remote agents).
3 - just routing in house and to remote agents only (no external co)
4 - 25 second delay before routing to external co. no after having checked and queued for available agents.

In our application telescript list, we would just select the script we wanted to activate and choose 'activate without step logging'. This took 5 seconds to update on the system.

On Avaya - I've been told that i can't have a set of vectors as standby and change routing of calls to the above options as and when I need to. We were told we either stopped all calls to the external co. by selecting a particular code, or that we gave them all calls by taking our staff off the phones if they were quiet.

I'm so hoping you might be able to help - or we've got big problems [sadeyes]

You may be able to do something utilizing expected wait time, such as;
goto step 7 if expected-wait for skill 44 pri m = 3

goto step 10 if expected-wait for skill 44 pri m = 18

7. goto vector 1xx @step 1 if unconditionally

10 goto vector 1xx @step 1 if unconditionally

Then in the vector you are going to have it route the calls to where you want them. This will be automaticly done when the time reach the levels you set.

If it need to be a manual type of operation there maybe a way to accomplish what you want by using variables.
Such as Varibles;
goto step 7 if F = 124
7. goto vector 1xx @step 1 if unconditionally

goto step 10 if F = 126
10 goto vector 1xx @step 1 if unconditionally

Thanks for this

What about if I needed to slow the call volume down to the external company by maybe holding the calls here for a bit longer than usual (maybe from 18 to 25 seconds)?

or if I needed to completely stop the calls going to the external company?

These are two main things that we need to be able to activate asap depending on the call volume. And the reactivate the original vector version when the call volume was back to normal.

Is there anything quick I can add onto the vectors or would I need to create a couple of new vectors that the original would route to if certain things applied?

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back