Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managing call flow to a external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

GScorchio

Technical User
Mar 2, 2008
SE
Hi

We've just installed Avaya at our centre and are nearly ready to go-live next month. However, we've hit a problem with being able to manage our call volume that gets sent to an external number off our VDNs.

We have a number of VDNs that send calls after an 18 second delay of checking for an available agent (in different profile groups) to an external number. On our old system we had a set number of telescripts that we could activate depending on the call volume status. If call volume was quiet (on the external number side), we could activate a telescript that used to divert calls after a 3 second delay. Or if the external company was busy, we used to activate a telescript that used to stop calls from diverting to the external company.

Now tih the Avaya system, I've been told that this is not possible, and I'm left scratching my head of a way around this.

I'm not sure how a call diverts to an external company anyway on a VDN, as I've not seen any vecotrs with this shown ?

Is there any way of setting something up like our old system ? Please bear in mind when answering, as I'm a newbie to Avaya, I'm goling to need basic instructions on where/what and why/how... sorry guys

Thanks for your help....

THis sounds like definity stuff. you may want to post in that forum.

Thanks, I'll add it onto that forum now... [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back