Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manager not staying logged in 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiMax

Technical User
Feb 5, 2023
US
Is anyone having this problem.

I was using Manager 9.1 and the Manager keeps greying out after several minutes. I don't have the auto log off set and it's a real pain to have to lose it via CTRL-ALT-DELETE then open a new Manager again and again, and again.

I switched to Manager 11.0 and having the same problem.

It may have the auto log off stuck in it somewhere. I would try enabling it closing manager and then disabling it.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Do you use the $ character in the password for the Administrator?

Seems there is a problem with that and it was resolved with the new 11.1.2.4 release so I thought of your issue

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Enabling and disabling did it.

Now using the SCN is it normal when saving after making a change to one of the SCN sites that all the sites files close and I have to sign back onto all of the SCNs again?

Thanks!

Under File | Preferences | Security there's a setting to close the configuration after a save. Its on by default.

Manager is an off-line configuration tool where having configurations loaded for a long time and then saving can cause issues (upset from users who changed personal settings whilst you had the config open), so its designed by default to not do that.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I believe that in SCN config mode (multiple systems open at once) that it does disconnect from everything when you save your changes, regardless of if the log out after send is enabled.

The solution I use is to very rarely connect to all systems. I connect to one at a time, or run multiple instances of Manager to simultaneously connect, individually, to each system.

- Qz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back