Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Management Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxPathan

Technical User
Aug 28, 2001
GB
Im new to Oracle8i

Yesterday I had everything running (except my intelligent agent). Today I cannot use OEM. Everytime I try to log on I get the meesage :

>VTK-1000:Unable to connect to the management server max. >Please verify that you have entered the correct host name >and the status of the Oracle Management Server.

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I can't figure it out! I only have one host and I'm logging in as SYSMAN. I've uninstalled the management server and reinstalled. I also recreated the respository but no luck.

Does it have anything to do with setting a listener for the management server ? It is on the same machine as the DB ?

Please help.

kind regards
Max

as you can see from my posting, i am having similar problem.
hopefully one solution solves our problems.
toaft

Did you start management server service under control panel > services? VTK-1000 is a very general error message, check oraclehome\sysman\log\oms.nohup for detail. Configure OEM never easy. Let me know if it works.

Iweng,
Your a hero!
I switched on the management server via the control panel and 'Hey Presto!'. I'm a Mac/Unix user and am not familiar with how Windows does its thing.

Thanks again!

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back