Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Management server services will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark94411

Technical User
Jun 27, 2001
US
HELP!!!
Can anybody tell me why the oracle management server(OMS) will not start. No errors giving. The only messege I get is "services fail to start in a reasonable amount of time" .I also try to start it from the command Promt using oemcrtl utility. I got the same messege plus it said to try again later.

As I recall you only need to start listener, subagent and data gethering if you installed Managment pack.
Commands on Uix:
lsnrctl start
lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
vppcntl -start

If you use NT and then you go to control panel and find these services to start them.

Have you installed a reopository???
in order to run OEM you must have a repository installed
if so use Configuration Assistant...

I started all he services and upon including datagathering,listerner. Iam not sure what subagent is? if you are refering to the agent yes is started. upon logging to oem i get a messege saying that the management server is not available. This is whay I think it needs to be started. I did greata repository and is working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back