Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Management Point Troubles and ADVCLI upgrades!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanjam

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
GB
Im trying to get our windows 2000 PC's running the SMS2003 advanced client @ the secondary sites.

Everything points to needing an SMS Management point running on each of the site servers (12 sites in all) so the adv cli can contact do its SLP thang and realise that it needs to talk directly to our Primary "Advanced" Site - called BNE.

I have checked that the Management points are set to install on our site servers, however only 2 of the 12 are working. you can test this by running the ( and if you get a white Internet Explorer page then its working.

What should i do for the othersites that arent working? One of the sites has the management point installed and WORKING! (with the above test) and yet they still arent detecting that they need to install and discover the BNE site code.

I have absolutely no idea, i have checked all the services required, IIS, but not really sure of the exactl requriements for the Management point, and where to look once the MP is installed and the clients still ARENT connecting.

Hope you can help?!?!?!?!

Cheers
SCANJAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back