Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managed Server List link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carboloy

MIS
Jun 24, 2002
US
Going in through Remote Manager for Netware 6, I click on the Managed server list and a server (In canada) comes up.. So I click on it and it takes me to server1.can.aaa.com... however that doesn't work.. if i change the url to server1.us.aaa.com it works fine.. where does remote manager getthe domain portion of the url? I want to have it so when I click on server1 it links to server1.us.aaa.com

Thank you

Remote Manager pulls the list of managed servers from SLP. If it's wrong, it's because SLP has obtained the wrong info from the server itself.

You can verify this by typing the following command at a server console:

DISPLAY SLP SERVICES PORTAL.NOVELL

You will see that the server URL is displayed incorrectly there. SLP pulls this info from the HOSTS file at SYS:ETC\HOSTS, so check the HOSTS file and make the appropriate changes. That should fix it.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back