Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managed object staying blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi, I've managed all ports on a Cisco 2924XL switch, but only 3 are showing green. All the others, even tho managed and can be snmpwalked, show as blue on my map. I've added more specific MIBs, but that didn't help...any recommendations, advice? BTW, Ver. B.6.20 on Sol.8..thanks in advance ;-)

Hi there patstef, don't worry about the blue color on "layer 2 switches", blue is used to identify the "unknow status" of the ports and devices, it means NNM is not being able to "ping" those interfaces to test them or is not being able to get their real status (because those ports won't reply at "layer 3 - OSI").
Anyway, still, if snmp is correctly configured on the switches, you'll be getting traps from the ports and the switch itself.

Hope this helps,
vlan52
[sunshine]

Hi, It could be because in your oid_to_type file, there is a symbol "I" behind the symbol G.

Therefore all no IP interface are ignored.

Just remove symbol I behind sysobjectID and launch 'xnmpolling -event'.

Patstef,

Try right clicking on the object, choosing "symbol properties". I imagine your "Status Source" is set to "Symbol". Change to either "Object" or "Compound (Propagated)".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back