Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manage server when power off or O/S crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs483

Technical User
Jul 7, 2002
CA
Hello,

I've been using Intel servers for a while and they have this cool utility called Intel Server Management which consist a bunch of programs that allow remote monitoring/notification/management of servers. I can turn on/off, reboot, redirect console output and send notifications whether the server is online, powered off or crashed. One of my customers wants to buy a HP Proliant ML350 G4 and I was wondering if theses functions are available. If so, does it require extra hardware/software at extra costs ?

Thanks,
akwong

Found it. It's called iLO for Integrated Lights-Out.

Yep, The iLo is what you would use, but bear in mind that to obtain full graphical output, you need to obtain the licence pack for it.

Rgds

Ian

I discovered it's not available (even the iLO standard) on the ML350 G4. It's available only on the G4P... It's a shame, for the cost of this server and not have that ! Too late.

Thanks
akwong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back