Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

manage recordings of other Call director extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billz66

Technical User
Feb 21, 2010
AU
we have a school that has a number of mailbox only extensions
- extension sent to nupoint with a call director config on it and message taken and sent to email

is there a mthod where we can use the admin mailbox to rerecord the Cd menu greeting
we are trying to avoid the setting up of all the mailboxes and accessing them indivdually

- also is there some documentation about what the admin mailbox can / cant do , I am trying to find it but cant find my training manual from 8 years ago

Software is MIVB 9.1pr1 with nupoint (20.1.3.301) on micollab (9.1.3.302)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I recently set something up similar with a multiple site retail store. It has the same greeting but emails the VM to individual stores.

In NPM
Create a new LCOS, maybe just copy from existing.
Create a Call Director Template and when configuring the template you can assign it to an LCOS (under the Actions menu/button)
Assign that mailbox to that LCOS and it will use that call flow.

Then you can update the greeting on the template and it will apply to all those associated to that LCOS.

Hope that makes sense.

The Admin mailbox definitely can be used to record CD greetings in any mailbox.

You need the Call Director option enabled on the Admin mailbox and you access the menu by pressing * after login.

You will be prompted to press 8? to record greetings in user mailboxes.

Sorry, I misunderstood the question.

I thought it was the same greeting required for all mailboxes.

cheers kwb , ill check it again

so for example mailbox 999 - set fcos to include CD , is there anything else thats required ?
i thought i had that already and when i hit * got a message about no config

It works , cheers KB

my mistake was using 999 instead of 998

once i added CD to 998 and configured it , i could call in seelct that mabox login using PW
press *
was then presented with options to record template or user call director messaging
selected 8 for user
entered mailbox extensiona nd could follow the prompts to listen to or re-record the Message numbers for that mailbox.

is any of this documented anywhere ?
i found my leader led docs from years agai when i did a nupoint course but wasnt able to track down exactly what the admin mailbox could and couldnt do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back