Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manage Out Of Office - including forwarding rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I found a way to manage Out Of Office for our users using the ECP, but it doesn't look like I can manage the OOO forwarding rules from there - just turn it on or off.

Is there a way as an administrator to manage these rules as well, so that when someone forgets to turn it on - I can do so, without having to reset their password, login as them, and do it from Outlook?

Thanks.

You don't have to reset someone's password to be able to access their mailbox - you can use EMC (or EMS) to add your account with Full Access permission, and that means it is possible to then create a MAPI profile to the mailbox and use Outlook to connect.

You don't need to use Outlook. Grant yourself permissions and use OWA.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

I get the adding permissions bit, though I wouldn't really like to setup Outlook each time to manage their Out Of Office forwarding rules.

58sniper - you sure? From what I can tell, I can turn on or off Out Of Office using OWA, but not manage the Out Of Office forwarding rules. If so - where do I go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back