Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

manage OCX property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scilli

Technical User
Apr 4, 2006
IT
I have to set a property in an OCX object and this property is not avaiable from the properties menu in the resource file. The OCX exchange data with an object, m_addx, whose class is derived from CWnd via DDX_DODATAEXCHANGE(), so I thought I could use m_addx.SetProperty(), but It wasn't useful because I have to pass a LPCTSTR string to the method in order to set the property itself.
So I tried with:
InvokeHelper( propID, wFlags, vRet,pvRet, VT_BSTR, ...) where ... is the LPCTSTR string I have to pass to the method and that can assume one of two values ( I wonder something like "Unit" or "System"); the problem is that I don't know these values and I can't retrive them from any file because I was given the OCX like an unknown object, attacched to a CDialog object in the resource file, without source files .
Is there a way to retrive these informations (i.e. the two strings I have to pass) knowing only the ID of the Property? (Maybe with a COleControl object?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back