Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manage IIS thorugh Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faheem786

Programmer
Sep 5, 2001
HK
Hi experts,

We have a website where we allow the visitors to have their own gallery website.

We would like to automate the process of creating websites and FTP accounts on an NT server.

The process is:

When the user registers with us he/she will provide their optional website name (which would be a sub domain of our website)

After we check all the information, we would like to create the website and the FTP accounts for the user automatically.

The important thing here is to create an FTP account for an user, we need to create the user first and we have to use that user name for the ftp account. I would like to manage this whole loop

I have seen many web servers having this utility but can't get the source any where.

So kindly help me how can I handle this??

I use Windows NT 4.0 and need the ASP source code.

Thanks for your help
Ahmad

Hong Kong

note: if there are any other methodologies to handle this, please let me know

Since I'm just system engineer with knowledge in programming I can tell you just what the principle should be:
1. For creation of users you have to use ADSI library for doing this:
This will be an VBscript, JScript, etc, but I don't know if you can launch it from the ASP session. Maybe you need to make an activex, cgi or something that will give you the rights to do such changes in your system

2. In IIS admin scripts (try a seach on your PC) you will find mkwebsrv.vbs. This script is creating sites
Also have a look here:

I suppose that there are many other issues involved there,.. but the common point is that they will run on the server, so you need a way to execute them on the server.

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K
new: (just started)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back