Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manage >1 server in Powerchute

Status
Not open for further replies.

horaces

Technical User
May 23, 2007
BE
Hi

We have a Smart UPS 3000 with 4 servers connected to it. I have installed the agent and server software on 1 server and setup the shutdown options. Now I want to add the other servers to the device list but they do not show in the list to add. Adding them manually is not working.

I guess I must install the APC agent on all servers. During installation there is no question to link the agent to the APC server software I installed on my main server.

I have googled around but cannot find an answer how to configure the server software to manage the other servers centrally in the APC server software.

Could somebody help?

Regards

H

Since I won't make assumptions, you never mention how you have your servers talking to the UPS. Do you have the network management card? Are you using Powershute Network Shutdown software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back