Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manage Asterisk via web interface???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2009
US
Is there a built-in web interface that can be enabled for Asterisk? I'm sort of filling in for someone that's out sick and I don't know as much about the Asterisk...so if there's a web interface/gui I can enable that would make life much easier on me than using the command line. Any input is appreciated! Thanks

More info. We have a very basic Asterisk config and pretty much only use it to convert H.323 to SIP and vice versa. What I'm looking to do is leave everything the way it is but simply add a web interface for administration purposes...if possible.

FreePBX is probably the most common web interface. It might be well worth your while to install AstNow or Switchvox Free or TrixBox which all come with the GUI, then customize your box. If it is just a h.323/sip gateway it shouldn't be to hard. All install in about 30 min or so.

If you use the FreePBX interface, remember you are saving your changes to a Mysql database which is then "applied" to Asterisk. If you make manual changes to Asterisk, they can be overwritten by FreePBX if not correctly done.

There is no Default Built in Web GUI with asterisk.
You would have to install FreePBX or the asterisk Web GUI.
If you are just temporarily managing the box, probably not a good idea to install the web interface, as some of these will overwrite your configs and you could loose the current config.

I did install asterisknow on a spare machine to play around with it and get more familiar. Ah...so that's why the changes I made in freepbx on my test system didn't show up in the normal asterisk directories. Now that makes more sense. For the very basic config we're using it probably doesn't make sense to install asterisk now or freepbx. I'll just have to get familiar with the existing setup we have.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back