Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making website more dynamic

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieljoo

MIS
Oct 9, 2002
US
I would like to make my website more dynamic/easier to maintain. I have a main menu on my website with links like Products and Services. These main menu items when clicked on, will display thier own submenu items. These submenu items may change over time. Since each submenu page also displays the links for the other submenu items in that category, i do not want to go through all the pages and update the submenu links when a change is to be made. What I would like to do is use an include file (submenu.asp). This include file should check the name of the page to see which main menu item it falls under and display the appropriate submenu. The subpages will have the following structure -- mainmenuitem_submenuitem.html (ex. products_newitems.html). Can anyone offer assistance on how, within the include file, I can check the name of the current page and if it is similar, for example to products, it will display the submenu for products. Thank you.

you are in the wrong forum. This sounds like server side work, not client side stuff.

I don't know. Hire someone or something.

Gary Haran
==========================

Though I don't know how it will help you in any way for your problem the url you are on is stored (and can be set) in location.href. From that you can deduce what file you are on.

Gary Haran
==========================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back