Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making sure DAO reference is checked/initiated on new install of DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlecki

Technical User
Oct 25, 2003
US
I am in the process of completing a small DB application for a client that is working just fine. It is meant to be installed as a standalone app on several computers. I have written this in Access 2000.

The problem is that each time I have installed it on a new machine I have had to go into references and check the DAO boxes in order for the program to work. Once that is done everything is fine.

Is there a way to force this procedure (the DAO referencing) when the DB is first loaded on to a new machine? It would be nice to make things run correctly from the start rather than have a frustration call from a user.

Which version of the DAO library are you referencing? I use DAO 3.6 and I have not seen this problem before.

- Glen

Know thy data.

Bill Power has developed code to automate checking and setting of references. See his website at
Be careful of setting this to execute everytime the database opens, as you may cause opening to be very slow in a networked environment.

Jay

I was referencing DAO 3.6 and each time I copied the DB to a new Computer I had to set this feature.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back