Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making ports available

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolade14

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2007
NG
Hi all,

I will like to have step by step explanation on how to make ports accessible to other systems concerning an application.

I installed blackboard learning system on my server and its difficult to make other system access some recources at a particular stage my fear is that the port might be under firewall but i dont know what to do to make it available to remote system logging to it through their explorer. pls help its urgent i know this.

thanks

lolade

Hi, are the clients connecting to the service behind a network firewall or any they on the same LAN as your server?

Also are you running any firewall directly on the box (i.e. the windows firewall)?

Also can you connect to your blackboard service from the server that its installed on (just to check setup is working?)

I have disable all the firewall i believe might be but other system are not able to use the collaboration application on the server though they log in to the blackboard application but when it comes to collaboration it say HTTP cannot be open definitely i need to make ports 8010 and 8011 available how do i do this is what i do not know pls help out.

If your firewall is disabled and there is no other firewall between your clients and the server there should be no issue connecting to the ports in question..

Try telneting onto the ports locally on the server to make sure that there are services listening on these ports..

If that is succesful repeat on a client and see if you can connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back