Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making map symbols, how to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

extravaganza88

Technical User
Sep 14, 2011
FI
Hi everyone! I got an order to make symbols for one web map. The problem is, I have never used Illustrator. Even bigger problem is, that i have no idea where to start from. I've been practising with AI for couple of days now and I know the tools. Could you hit me with some links/tutorials about creating map symbols? What size they should be, how to make equal size foundations? I would appreciate any help guys!

...worth reading through this for further assistance with maps, best to use symbols where possible, and global colors to ease the amends process...

...as for sizes, this is varible, but as it's for web you need RGB colors and pixel dimensions, so it's always of advantage to work to actual pixel dimensions for a given space or as near to...same is true for print in many cases as scaling down can introduce type size issues, etc, etc.

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back