Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making Links on rolling Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedel

Programmer
Jan 11, 2003
AU
Hey all,

I'm new to Flash, especially AS3. Not knowing the terminology fully, I'm also at a bit of a loss as to how to search for this particular problem.

I have a page that used SWF files heavily located here;

The flash files are in AS2. What I am wanting to do is convert all of the flash files on this page, including the video and place it all into one flash swf file. Now I'm almost there, but I'm struggling with the code on an issue.

If you look at the page mentioned above, the two large swf file roughly middle of the page scroll through different images, which are movie clips in the fla file. each image has it's own link to another page.

My question is, how can I achieve the same effect in AS3?

In AS2 I had to place the action script at the point in the time line where the image appeared so on the rollover event, the movie clip activated and the link became active. When I tried doing this using the AS3 scripting I get the error."Access of Undefined property.

All movie clips have instances. any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Dean

-------------------------------------------------------------
"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against whacking them around a bit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back