Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making IE the default browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpeliam

Programmer
Mar 17, 2000
US
I don't have much time to research this, so I'll just ask:<br><br>If I had netscape set up as default and I had checked the &quot;don't ask me again&quot; box when I said IE wasn't the default, how do I change my settings?<br><br>thanks... <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

in ie5 go to tools-&gt;internet option-&gt;programs-&gt;at the bottom of the menu there is a tab saying if ie should check to see if it is default browser, uncheck that and restart.&nbsp;&nbsp;The check it again and restart the broweser and it should ask you to be deafault if it isn't anyway.&nbsp;&nbsp;the other way you can do it is to associate the specific file type. html&nbsp;&nbsp;go start-&gt;settings-&gt;folder options-&gt;file types-&gt; and look for any files associated with ie and change it to netscapes executable. <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back