Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making external calls via a DPNSS link - not enough digits being passed down the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastanswer73

Technical User
Nov 15, 2007
GB
I'm moving extensions from an Aastra exchange to an Avaya exchange and, to enable simultaneous working, there are two 30 channel DPNSS circuits running between the exchanges.

I'm moving the ISDN30 circuits from the Aastra to the Avaya exchange which means all external calls made by Aastra extensions will need to pass down the DPNSS connection to use the ISDN30's.

I've changed the route programming to allow for this and removed all the LCR however the Avaya is only being sent the dest code plus 0 and therefore doesn't know what to do with the call.

Can anyone tell me what I need to change to get this working please?

Thanks

Debbie

hello debbie

on the route destination what is the roddi what is the srt
and does the avaya need to see the dest and 0
does it need 0 for the access in the avaya system
have you checked the number length table as you have removed the lcr

regards john

Hi John,

Thanks for responding.

There are several dest codes for this route, all set the same with an SRT of 1. I also have several hundred extensions that use this route and they work fine so it must be the number length as they are all 4 digit and work both ways down the DPNSS link.

If it helps, the ADC is set to 050500000000025000500000000

The Avaya is set to expect 9 and then the outside number so I tried setting 9 as an ED and setting it as a DEST with an SRT of 1 but it just comes up vacant number when I dial.

Which table is the number length table? To top it all, my PC has died and so I've lost the historic copy of ALEX which was installed by a helpful engineer years ago and my LAZY DOG paperwork is dated 1997 and dates back from my apprentice days so it's a little out of date.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back