Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making Crosstab extend to More than 1 page

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgallot

MIS
Jan 22, 2001
US
CR XI I have a crosstab that only expands onto more than 1 page if I hard code a large Size and Postion number into the empty crosstab below it. This causes pages to extend off to the right, but will always show them even when groups dont fill the pages. So there are blank pages if not as many groups are included. I thought crosstabs automatically continue onto many pages, 1 after another but not to the right, when it needs to and I believe I have done this in the past. The Can Grow is greyed out also. Any ideas as to how to get around this?

Thanks!

Is the crosstab in a subreport? If so, in what section is the subreport placed? What report section have you placed the crosstab in? Are you saying that the crosstab is not growing vertically? I'm also unclear on why you mention the blank virtual pages on the right. What are you expecting?

-LB

Yes the crosstab is a subreport in a report footer section b, the dummy crosstab is in the same section right below it. The pages do appear vertically because there is a text field in the dummy crosstab that has a hard coded Size in order to show 3 pages to the right. Each page can fit 7 group headings, but if a user only selects 3 groups (parms), the 2 blank pages appear to the right. I want the pages to show based on how many groups are in the parm list and zero blank pages.

I have added a group heading to the dummy crosstab and taken off the Size of 38.0 and its almost working. I just have to make sure the size of the dummy crosstab is precisely the same as what happens in the real crosstab. Is there a better way to do this?

In the past (other jobs) I believe my crosstabs expanded to the next page, and not to the right. Not sure if I am remembering correctly or not. I also dont know why the Can Grow is greyed out even when I create a new crosstab in the main report. It does grow according to the number of group headings, but not to multiple pages unless that hard coded text field exist in the dummy crosstab.

Crosstabs in subreports are limited by the size of the subreport. You should be adding the column field that you are using in the subreport crosstab to the "dummy" crosstab that you have placed in the main report. Run the report for the maximum number of column values and then stretch the subreport to the furthest virtual page on the right. After that you can run the report for fewer columns or up to the maximum number, and it will resize.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back