Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making **.com/film.asp?id=121 as **.com/film/121

Status
Not open for further replies.

musalpay

Programmer
Jul 8, 2005
TR
making **.com/film.asp?id=121 as **.com/film/121

How can I make this? I think these are virtual folders.

film.asp is probably a generic page that is capable of displaying info about many different films and 121 is the identifier it uses to know which film's info to display.

thanks Sheco for your great explation. This is true.

I want to make all identifiers as virtual folders.

And Chris thank you. I will read these artciles. However I prefer eating than cooking.

So you wish to make a static HTML page for each possible value of the film identifier? To convert the pages from being dynamically generated ASP output into static HTML?

I'm just trying to understand where you are going with this...

Oh I did something like that once by changing the 404 error page... it would parse off the last bit of the URL from the Request.Servervariables and use that to make the output.. didn't even need a redirect.

Google likes folders.

Also there is no difference between a static or dynamic page for google. However Google recognizes identifiers lately.

just look

Every week I made new changes and look my cache number. Can you see the difference?
in turkish deneme yan?lma "try-make mistake-learn"

I will make several changes and learn a lite more than make my cache number 20000.

With your help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back