Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making an Impromptu sub-report invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstengler

Programmer
Jun 7, 2002
US
Ok I've got a Dashboard report made up of a dozen or so subreports. I have a row of bar charts, all displaying the same data, but for different business domains.

The probolme occurs when there is no data for one or more of those domains. I want to hide the resulting very ugly bar graph, and replace it with a test box that informs the user that there is no data for that domain. SO, my first thought is to have the graph subreport become hidden/invisible when the results are zero or NULL, then have the text subreport become visible on top of it. (Actually, I'd settle for the graph being invisible). THen, when there is data returned for that domain, the state of each subreport would switch.

Using conditional formats, I can see the 'hidden' attribute, but I amd unable to figure out how to have it checkt the data for 0 or NULL. THe expression builder doesn't have a NULL choice.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Sam,

Did you try 'is missing' option in the expression builder for NULL values ?

.... Vivek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back