Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making A Text Box Work More Like A Word Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I creaded an unbound text box in a form. It will be used for misc. information that needs to print on a report.

My problem is My user has trouble using it like a text box, she wants it to work like a word processor like word. Where if she hits enter it goes to the next line.

Any Ideas? Can I add some type of activex control that will work?

I am at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

If you look at the properties for your text box you will find one called 'Enter Key Behaviour'. If you change this from Default to New Line In Field this should give what you want. Nigel
Didn't someone say work is supposed to be fun? They didn't have computers then I guess....

I have an activex control in one of my apps that allows word processing capability in a memo field. It is called "Total Access Memo 2000". You may need to tweak some options but for the most part it works well. The company is

What is the point of working like Word if it is for data entry. It might always be exported to Word and formatted accordingly through Word VBA...
Enter Key behavior should be enough.

Svet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back