Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a sum from two totals on a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashe

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
US
I have been 'voluntered' to do a tuition program for my son's high school. It involves charges to the students and records payments. I have it about ready, but in the account report I can't get a grand total from the charges less the payments.

In detail: I have the itemized charges in the report with a total. I used a sub-report to detail the payments with a total. I placed this in a footer. I want to get a grand total (charges less payments) to the account footer but come up with "name?" errors mostly. Can someone lend a hand so I can get my life back?

Thanks!

Not sure if this will help.....
I have a form with a subform that shows credits paid (Credit Amount) there can be multiple entries for a single record. Create my report, I used a query, and used the sum function for credit amount. When this field was placed on my report it was named SumOfCreditAmount. On the report footer, I then used =Sum([SumOfCredit Amount])
Hope this helped.
-Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back