Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a scoring form

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrekBiker

Technical User
Nov 26, 2010
GB
In a scoring form I have two combos,
- Category, which has a list of all categories that companies have entered
- Company, which gives the companies in the selected category

For each category there are a number of judges who score the company against 7 criteria.

The scoring subform shows the selected Category and Company and allows entry of the scores. The form's query source has fields Category, Company, Judge, Score 1, Score 2, Score 3, Score 4, Score 5, Score 6, Score 7, with criteria for the Category/Company in the main form.

In using the form I pick a Category, it shows me the Companies so I can select one. The subform allows entry of scores for the first Judge; then I use the record navigator to move to the page for the next judge and enter the new scores.

All works fine.

To improve the user interface I'd like
- after entering Score 7, to advance to the next record, ie next judge if any remain in this category
- after the last judge don't show a new blank form with no judge name but move focus to the Category combo and wait for the next Category/Company selection.

Are the scores separate fields or separate records. Hopefully records. Can you describe the recordsource of the subform.
If it is records the "oncurrent" event happens for each record and the recordcount property tells you how many records

So I think you want to check the recordcount in the on current event and then move to the next record on the main. If the recordcount equals the number of judges (use a dlookup to determine number of judges) then set the allow additions to false. move focus to the combo. Do your selections. Move to next record and do the count again to see if the number of subform records is less than the number of judges. If so set allow additions to true.

Just guessing, there is not enough detail here to provide more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back