Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a ruler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pull up Illustrators RULERS and then pull down the GUIDES to the increments you want.

Then just use the pen toolto draw the dashes at your desired length, maybe making the inch mark longer than the 1/2 mark and so on.

I would just make one inch and then simply COPY and PASTE till you have the length you want.

Then add in your images and whatnot.

Hope it helps,

MM

I'm going by Illustrator 6, so you may have to hunt around to find where these functions are now.

Once you draw a shape, you can go to Arrange > Move. This allows you to plug in a direction and a number (say, .25 inches, or whatever the smallest increment your ruler lines will show) and instead of hitting okay, which moves the original, hit copy, which places a new one at that location. After that, you can go to Arrange > Repeat Transform (or just hitting the shortcut for this) over and over. This will give you all your lines. To stretch the one inch marks out, I would select the end points of these with the direct selection tool, so that only the ends are selected, and then holding shift the keep the lines straight, drag them out to the desired length.

I hope these instructions make sense.

Good luck, - nichole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back