Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making a parameter a dropdown box

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianaf

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
GB
i am trying to create a query that is run with a command button which opens a list box (drop down) based on items in a table. when the first choice is made a second parameter list box opens with another choice to be made. i can create the parameters with no problem but i don't know how to make them into list boxes instead of typed in responses.

dianaf,
here's a stab at your problem. Place a combo box or list box on your form but make it .Visible=FALSE
then using the parameters you have collected from your form construct a SQL string and pass it to the .RowSource of the hidden box - then make the box .Visible=TRUE

Using the .Value of the box or the .Text you could then construct another SQL string and pass this to another (or the same if you're stuck for space) box.

Steady ... [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back