Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a hierarchy of Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisec

Programmer
May 1, 2007
HU
Hello,

I try to remain organized when creating CFCs and writing methods to them. I would like to develop a methodology or best practice to create an easy to remember and logical structure of them. I mean I found that there are four main categories of my methods:
1. The basic database interaction related CRUD methods for creating, deleting, updating and reading functionality.
2. Other database related methods eg. for getting smaller pieces of information (maybe a list of product IDs) from the database. In this case I usually I don't use the list method from the CRUD because that would return a lot of excess data aswell.
3. Methods that solve not db related small tasks eg. calculations.
4. Methods that invokes other methods and link them into a workflow in order to run a more complex process.

I was thinking about whether It would be beneficial to create this four type of CFCs and sorting out my methods to them instead putting all of them into one. I mean I would create an orderCrud, orderOtherDb, orderTasks, orderProcess for the order related methods and would sort them according. The names I used here are not too good they are just for the sake of explanation. I try to develop some method for the long term and would qurious about how others dealing with this situation. Are there any generally used best practice or are there any good article about this subject on the web?

Thanks, Aron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back