Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a help file (brain storming) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTBorton

Technical User
Jun 9, 2008
DE
I am trying to make a help section for all the things that I have added to my excel project. I want to find the best way to do it so that the new section will not make the program bulky or slow it down. I had the idea of writing all of the help information on a separate data file and atatching it into the project. Then when information is needed it would search the file for the right information and display it. I am hoping that in doing so I can simply give someone a copy of the excel project and it would have the help file with it, instead of trying to copy multiple files. Is it possible to attatch a word document or notepad document to your excel project, or would I simply have to give them a copy of the project and a copy of the help file separately? What have other people done before?

Why not put the help on a separate sheet? Make that sheet hidden and expose it when help is requested.

Bong

Thats a great idea, Ill try that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back