Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making a form in word

Status
Not open for further replies.

junedonofrio

Technical User
Dec 31, 2003
US
i am trying to make a form in a word doc. maybe form is not the correct word, as i am having trouble finding help in the help menu. what i want is a form that will have highlighted fields that we just need to fill in, you could just tab to the next field needed to be filled in. i dont know if i should type out the entire form first then go back & somehow pick out the places that need to be filled in? getting frustrated, any help will be appreciated.
thanks,
June

You do need a form, so you have the correct word. Create a document with only the "fixed" text.

If the Forms toolbar isn't visible, click View-Toolbars-Forms to show it.

Click the text form field button and then click where you want a text field in your document. Continue with the rest of the document (you can also use the other types of fields if you wish.)

When you have all the fields in place, click Tools-Protect document, and choose Forms. You can pasword it if you like, but it isn't necessary.

After protecting it, you should be able to fill in a field, then tab to the next one.

Sawedoff

You may also want to check the FAQ section here. There are two FAQ on using FormFields.

A general overview on using FormFields faq68-5299

Using FormFields in Word Part 2 – Coding with Form Fields faq68-5300

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back