Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making a curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topic

MIS
Mar 11, 2005
US
I would like to make fig 1 look like the fig 2 but i want it to be spaced out perfectly which i cannot achieve manually like i did in fig 2. So is there a way i can select the whole fig 1 and bend it so it will all be spaced perfectly and equally? Or will i just have to do it all manually like in fig 2? Any pointers will help,Thank you

Untitled-1.jpg

...just use two petals, drag those to the brushes palette, choose "scatter brush"...

...change rotation to 90 degrees if needed...

..change "rotation relative to PATH" from the drop doen menu...

...apply brush to a curved path...

andrew

...to edit the brush, double click it in the brushes palette, click OK and then "apply to strokes"...

...to change the color of the stroke, you need to turn on "TINTS" in the colorization method drop down menu options of the scatter brush...

andrew

...another possibility is to use effect > distort and transform > transform...

...and play with the settings to get them rotating around...

...you will probably have to expand appearance and rotate around the expanded objects to get what you need...

andrew

...to add to my last post, you will need to play with the "move" values, horizontal and vertical settings in the transform dialog...

...ensure 'preview" is selected so you can see what is happening...

...but out of the two methods, i would use the scatter brush on a path...

andrew

thank you so much, it seems like all of these problem i am having are all common sense, you just have to think about the problem indirectly. But again, thank you andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back