Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making a cartoon from a photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteyes

Technical User
Nov 6, 2001
NZ
I ask if any expert knows how to convert a photo image to a cartoon.Please

Apart from redrawing it, no, no such thing exists. That's why cartoonists still exist.

Such a proceedure requires the artist/cartoonist to reinterpret the forms and lines of an image in such a way that a computer cannot do without assistance.

The best you could do in photoshop is to play with the filters to get a "flat" cartoonish style, but I dare say this would look more like just a stylised image, rather than a cartoon.

Try using a program call "PhotoGoo" (i think). This program allows you to stretch and distort the features of a persons face - much like a cartoonist would do with their pen.

However, once you have created the desired level of distortion, you would still need to make the image look "drawn" - this is where your filters (used judisciously) would be of use.

Hope this helps!

A google search of "Photoshop Cartoon" produces some interresting links, maybe one may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back